Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 5, 2007, 3:21 PM   #1

im Useing Elements5, just want to no how i can get my text to look Transparent
Any clues plz
regards
Doc
Doc-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:54 PM   #2

Doc-uk wrote:
Quote:
im Useing Elements5, just want to no how i can get my text to look Transparent
Any clues plz
regards
Doc
Don't put any in?:blahjust had to say that)

Actually, I think the method would be to create a new layer, add text, and then change the opacity when you apply it.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:07 AM   #3

this is example of text transparancy adjusted so u can see throught it to picture behind........u adjust opacity of a layer in layer pallet its at topright and is 100% by default

this next one is a bit more complex, but basicly after resterizing text so u can work on it, the background layer is selected, copied and pasted into the text layer, they a bevel emboss added to the text

it depends what end result is that u want and how your skill is with photoshop/elements as to the end result.......the first is the easiest.......second is more advanced

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:33 AM   #4

Thank you
regards
Doc
Doc-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 AM   #5

Reanimator wrote:
Quote:
this is example of text transparancy adjusted so u can see throught it to picture behind........u adjust opacity of a layer in layer pallet its at topright and is 100% by default

this next one is a bit more complex, but basicly after resterizing text so u can work on it, the background layer is selected, copied and pasted into the text layer, they a bevel emboss added to the text

it depends what end result is that u want and how your skill is with photoshop/elements as to the end result.......the first is the easiest.......second is more advanced

Gary
Hi,

What opacity did you set your text at in the second example?

Thanks

angela
afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:01 PM   #6

the second one isnt set to any opacity at all its just the image copied and pasted into the text layer and then a bevel effect added so it shows up, its more advanced.

if u use photoshop u basicly do this

make a new layer over background, add text to it, then rasterize it so u can work on it, copy the background image,select the text layer,left click and control will select the text if u do it on the thumbnail image in layer pallet, then paste the background into it, add bevel effect and its done

sorry if thats too hard to follow but its the simplist way to describe what needs to be done

bit harder than changing opacity but results soooooooooooo much better, depends on the skill level u have got

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote