Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:35 PM   #1

This all started last fall when I updated to the 6.0 version software.Afterupdating the software I got the message "unable to find connected device, please connect a device and hit refresh" (Ihave windows XP)I eventually uninstalled it and went back to the original3.0 version I got w/my camera. I was then able to transfer pics. We then got a new C743 camera, deleted the old software and installed the 6.0 from the disk, connected the camera and got the same message, "unable to find connected device". Since January I have spoken w/Kodak tech support over 10 times and performed multiple tasks as they have instructed, deleting/removing software, running clear utilities, manually deleting/removing Kodak files, deleted driver, updated driver, the list goes on and on. A week ago I spoke w/yet another tech support who was going to refer my issue to the research dept. They returned my call on Monday (was supposed to call me Fri), anyway, I have tried to call back and ask for the person who called and I keep getting tech support. I have had it w/Kodak tech support, should I pitch the camera and move on to another brand/software or is there a solution???? Thanks, Patty
pastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:44 PM   #2

I don't know all that much about the Kodak s/w, but it is possible that you may, after installation, need to associate the camera to the s/w. After installing software, and connecting camera with USB cable, double click My Computer. You should see a list of drives with your camera as one of the drives. Right-click on this and select Properties. and Autoplay. You should have an option to open with your Kodak software.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote