Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:35 PM   #1

I bought my 10 year old (that would be him in my avatar!) son an inexpensive camera for his birthday last year (Kodak C series, forgot the model number, only about $130). He enjoys taking pictures but was kind of frustrated by the software that came with his camera and doesn't do much with his pictures any more.

He still takes shots pretty regularly and loves when I edit them for him, especially when I make suggestions for ways to process them, show him the effect, and let him make the decisions. However, I use Photoshop Elements and I wouldn't expect him to learn that program.

Is there a photo package that is known for being kid-friendly or, better still, one that tailored to kids. I wouldn't expect it to have the power of Photoshop or any similar package but if it lets him do basic editing or even do some fun things like adding captions, frames, wallpapers, backgrounds, etc.that would probably be enough for him. A co-worker told me about Comic Life but it looks like it's for Mac's only and all our PCs run Windows.

Thanks!

Dave O.
dave64o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:26 PM   #2

Professor Franklin's Instant Photo Artist

have a look at that it as a very friendly interface, they also make other photo editing software that may be more suitable

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote