Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:41 AM   #1

Unfortuantly the computer is the heart of color processing and I just had to buy a new one. The computer came with a McAffee tool program as well as virus and other. I have never used McAffee and wondered what others thought of it. I have planned on using AVG free [virus, root kit, and spyware] as well as Registry Mechanic. Thought I would see if there are any computer wise people out there whou would share.

My other option is to find a 11 year old person whou could help me. Not many of them around here so I came to the web. LOL
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:40 AM   #2

I don't have much experience with those programs, but I do use all freeware for my computer's security needs;

For antivirus I use Avast Antivirus. For firewall I used to use the free version of ZoneAlarm but kept having a problem where it would block up all traffic, so I ended up switching to Comodo. For anti-spyware, I use a combination of Microsoft Windows Defender, Ad-aware and Spybot. For a bit of added security, I use Firefox as my browser.

I don't use anything for the registry but I guess I'm a bit lazy like that. I also use XP's built in tools for defragging which I guess isn't supposed to be that great, but I don't like switching to something new until I have problems with whatever I'm already using.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote