Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:21 AM   #1

Is PS CS3 trial version the same as the full version when you buy, or does the trial version have some stuff locked in it.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:55 AM   #2

never seen a trial version of cs3, adobe website dont have it there, they just got buy or upgrade option

it must be a cd version u have got as it would be a huge download anyway

trials are normaly time limited though and either save with watermark or no save feature at all, apart from that they should work fully to give u a true feel of what the software can do

Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:11 AM   #3

CS3 was available as a downloaded trial and was time limited, depending on whether or not you had a current CS2 license determined the duration.
That's by the by now as it has launched proper.

As far as I am aware the trial version did not have any functions locked out, except the help file wasn't there.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 4:53 PM   #4

Ok i have PSP XI and think it is a supurb software, but since everyone is raving about photoshop my friend gave me his CS2 to install i don't really see anything it has more than PSP XI, am i missing anything?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:16 PM   #5

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ok i have PSP XI and think it is a supurb software, but since everyone is raving about photoshop my friend gave me his CS2 to install i don't really see anything it has more than PSP XI, am i missing anything?
Color management isn't as complete as Photoshop. You don't have the deconvolution that is in Photoshop's smart sharpening. PSP's version of shadow/highlight isn't nearly as good. Raw conversion isn't as good, but I think most of the big boys are using Lightroom anyway. Some people don't like PSP's curves, but I have a plug-in that is better than CS2. There are good features like lab color I can't find in PSP. Layer integration isn't as complete.

On the plus side I like the crop dialog and actions (scripts) better in PSP. And the vector integration can be handy for simple projects. PSP is a surprisingly competent program for most work. Unless you are into some really advanced stuff it works well.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote