Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 16, 2007, 8:13 AM   #1

I have a Dell computer and a Fuji S6000FD camera. I am looking for an inexpensive but good photo program to start with, would the Phtoshop Elements 5.0 fit?

My photos currently are of my family, inside and outside photos, my dogs, birds, flowersand landscape. My wife would like me to stay around $50 if possible so that is where I need to start. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Ken
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2007, 5:32 AM   #2

I believe Photoshop Elements is about $100, so that would be a bit higher in price than you are looking for. There are a couple of freebies you coiuld start with though. Picasa is decent, however it is more of an organizer with limited editing capabilities. Another is GIMP (search in Yahoo), it's a free program that some say is as powerfull as Photoshop. I have only looked at it once but it does have a lot of bells and whistles.

Good luck,

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 3:24 PM   #3

Why not look for Elements 3 or 4 ? You should be able to buy one of those a lot cheaper than Elements 5 and they are both very good for editing photos.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 8:25 PM   #4

Scott Kelby has several books on the various versions of Photoshop Elelments. I like them because they're cookbook style. You only need to read the section you need for that action, not the whole book and they are step by step with examples.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 11:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies, my loving wife has suprised me with Photoshop 7 (no idea where she got that). Now the learning will begin.
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote