Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 4, 2007, 9:02 AM   #1

Adobe is offering a free 30 day trial of CS3 extended. I downloaded it and I like the improvements over CS2 so much I just purchased the upgrade from Amazon Marketplace. $175.00 +$3.99 shippingrather then the $199.00 + shopping and Florida Taxfrom Adobe. They will still get their profit in the end. I should have it by the end of the week.

CS3 Bridge is way much faster then Bridge in CS2.

CS3 photoshop opens faster then CS2

Both have really great features such as you can now open a jpg. or tif file in raw from bridge.

Go to Adobe or NAPP website to really get a view of all the new features.

Ronnie

Notice: Do not order from Amazon. Please read the rest of the posts before you even think of ordering from these people. I ordered the Item the2nd of June and it is now the 1st of July and I still have no CS3 upgrade or a refund of my money from Amazon. I really doubt if I will ever see either. EVER!!!!

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:48 PM   #2

I have been using CS2 for a year and a bit now and have to agree with you Ronnie that CS3 is a great improvement. I'm particularly fond of the new Camera Raw. I second your opinion that this is a worthy upgrade.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:37 AM   #3

Well, I never recieved my CS3 upgrade from Amazon. I ordered it June 2nd, The money was charged to my credit card June 3rd. It was promised by Amazon to be sent out by June 6th. Today it is June 20th and I still do not have my CS3 upgrade or my money. After many E-Mails to the seller ryanmil22 both through Amazon and also to his E-Mail address at ryanmil22@gmail.com I never recieved a single response from him. I E-Mailed Amazon and their reply states I have to wait until June 26th and send ryanmil22 another E-Mail and then wait until the 29th of June to put in for a refund with their A to Z money back policy.( that is only if I do not get a reply from the seller) The Item was said to be in stock when I placed my order but Amazon just does not care that I was lied to. I went to the Amazon site and checked the feedback for the seller and now find all sorts of bad feedback about people not recieving their merchandise or getting any response from ryanmil22 at all. All of the feedback was placed well after I placed my order on June 2nd. Aparently Amazon has booted this seller off of their site but they will not refund my money until I wait and send ryanmil22 an e-mail on the 26th then if I do not get a response in three days I have to put in for the refund and have it approved by the A to Z policy people. I see ryanmil22 had an Amazon storefront but Amazon shut it down. I truly am not very happy with Amazon because they just do not seem to care about their regular customers if something goes wrong with a transaction. They know ryanmil22 is a scam artist and they make customers wait and jump through their hoops to get the money they put out back.I was going to call the credit card company and was told by Anthony on the telephone at Amazon that if the card company refused the chargeback and ryanmil22 sent the wrong or defective item at the last day of the wait peroid I would not be able to use the Amazon A to Z refund feature at all.Yep, I did also telephone Amazon and talked to a brick wall. Amazon policy stinks. I just want the forum members to know what their policy on refunds is.

Ronnie
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:51 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that ronnie, it sucks to get scamed online.

But before I download and install cs3 on my computer I have a question for anyone who is using it right now.

The plugs ins that you have for cs2, will they work on cs3 or do you have to update the plug in or something. I only have one plug in for cs2 and I use it a lot. The plug in is Noise Ninja.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:52 AM   #5

Hey superakuma,
I've been using CS3 for a few months now and use all the same plugins I was using in CS2... no need to update any of them. They include Alien skin's Exposure, Neat Image Pro, Flaming Pear's Flood and Imagenomic's Portraiture plugin. Since I've had no problems at all with any of these, I'm betting your safe. Good luck.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:40 AM   #6

Well, today is the 30th of June and I put in formy Amazon A to Z refund yesterday and all I have to do now is wait two moreweeks to see if my refund is approved and I get my money back from Amazon. In two weeks Amazon will have my money for 42 whole days. They also have at least 17 or probably more of their sellers customers money. ryanmil22 was the seller on their market place store. Nice chunk of interest for Amazon using other peoples money.

My suggestion to all of you is to never ever purchase from the Amazon Market Place. If you have to purchase from Amazon you need to just use the Amazon store to purchase from. I will never ever use the Amazon Market Place again. Amazon will not back you up as a customer until they give the thief seller such as ryanmil22 a month to even send you an acknowledgement, then you have to wait another two weeks to even see if you will ever get a refund.

I will let you all know if I ever recieve my money back from Amazon

Ronnie:-?.

PS: I just looked it up on Amazon and ryanmil22 is up to 32 people that never recieved an item or E-Mail.
:X

Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:29 PM   #7

Well, I recieved my refund today from Amazon and I see ryanmil22 is now up to 40 bad feedbacks.

I do belong to the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.(NAPP) so they offered a discount code to use for members to purchase CS3 directly from the Adobe store. I ordered from Adobe and I'm sure I won't have a problem recieving it in a week or so.

NAPP is a great thing to belong to with the discounts and tuturials along with a great magizine. I have already saved close to what I paid in dues. Anyone using Photoshop should check into it at www.photoshopuser.com

Ronnie
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:27 PM   #8

I ordered CS3 from Adobe with the discount code from my NAPP membership on Thursday July 5th at noon and I recieved it July 9th at 10:AM. It is now up and running and I wish I had ordered it from them in the first place. I only ordered from Amazon because at the time Adobe store was out of stock and Amazon said it was in stock. Amazon lied and tied up my money for over a month. I will never ever use them again. They just take to long to correct any problems that may come up with their sellers.

I guess this puts an ending to my Amazon horrer story.

Ronnie

I just put all of my plug-ins from NIK, Genuine Fractuals and my DXO on my CS3 and I'm done. Everything works fine. I just ordered the CS3 book by Scott Kelby from the NAPP store. I am done with Amazon for good.