Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:11 AM   #11

"Newtothis, what resolution did you choose for your new image before you placed and arranged your pictures?"

all my images so far are at 300 ppi. and the 8.5 x 11 window i created to put them on is at 300 also. it's just normally, when i print an individual pic, when i go to "print with preview" it looks very clear. but when i put multiple pictures into the new 8.5 x 11 window i created, then go to "print with preview" it looks fuzzy.
newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:19 AM   #12

Default COLORSPACE

the camera has a colorspace generally sRGB(some have choices) the editor has a colorspace generally choosable. the monitor can display a predefined colorspace(but must be calibrated to do so or may even have its own predescibed one) the printer has a few and even different paper will react to the inks being put on them so guess what some quality papers have? now as far as the best quality image. again it is an editor. it will use prefined colorspaces to display an image. you make the image into the masterpiece your hoping for. if you do not have your monitor/printer calibrated for that particular colorspace it will look different as it passes through and you look at it. PS has its own adobeRGB the PC standard sRGB and a few more just for fun and will output to any of them. you have to marry the hardware and software. its easier today, a few years ago it was a black art. entire long boring books are written on the subject.

in short you have to decide what colorspace you are going to work in and output from PS. so many choices so little time. :shock:
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 12:11 AM   #13

Default Multiple image with psp7

I don't think you can easily print multiple pictures on a page with PSP7, may be you should look at PSP8 upgrade, not expensive, and it as a "Template" function wich would allow you to print allmost any amount of pictures on a single page, as many as 18.
Good luck
AndreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:41 AM   #14

Default Re: Multiple image with psp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreG
I don't think you can easily print multiple pictures on a page with PSP7
Yes, you can. I'm on PSP7.04, and it's under "File | Print Multiple Images...".

It displays thumbnails of all currently open images down the LHS, and you just drag and resize them on to a blank page. It's extremely quick & easy, and you can save the layout for reuse later. I find it the easiest way to print any *single* image, if & when I want the print at an exact size.

The only only drawback is if you forget to open all the images you intend to print. You have to save the layout, leave the multiple printing sub-program, open the new image, and return. If you forgot to save the layout you have to start the layout all over again.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:47 AM   #15

Default Re: Multiple image with psp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreG
I don't think you can easily print multiple pictures on a page with PSP7
Yes, you can. I'm on PSP7.04, and it's under "File | Print Multiple Images...".
But note, AndreG, that the people earlier were talking about PS7 (Photo Plop) and not PSP7 (Pain Shop Pro) (puns intended)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 11:45 AM   #16

Default PSP7 instead of PS7

AlanT is right, my mistake, sooo sorry. I will try to be a better reader next time. PS7 as an interface similar to Element 2, it is easy to make multiple photos on one page. May be I should read these post in the morning and not in the middle of the nigth.
AndreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2003, 12:42 PM   #17

I would have to agree with "sjms" FotoSlate has the easiest format for printing multiple images on one page ( were not talking contact sheet here) I have ever seen.

The price is perfect ($40.00 USD) and FotoSlate 3.0 has this real cool technology for image resampling called IQZ that can fix the lossy effects on a raster image (fixes the smudges on a Jpeg)

I have used it and I love it... kind of reminds me of Print shop delux meets InDesign

http://www.fotoslate.com
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:17 PM   #18

Geeee!! Nobody knows that Windows XP does this all by itself?

It is very simple. Just open the folder wioth the pictures, select the ones you want to print (CTRL-click) and then select Print. A wizard will appear asking you about details, such as printer, number of copies, size of the pictures (all the same size though), and if there are multiple images, they will be all fit as many as possible per page. You will see a preview of size and placement.

You can print from full page to tiny thumbnail prints that can hold probably 40 pictures per page. Thumbnails are printed with the filename below.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:34 PM   #19

As far as print quality ... and EXIF data for prints I know that fotoslate has the same printing formats supported:

"precision with EXIF 2.2, ICM 2.0 and ICC color profiles, high quality image resampling"

(quote from the web site)

Printing multiple images was available with earlier versions of Photoshop but it was a contact sheet, what is the difference with the new photoshop versus the contact sheets of old?

As far as XP goes ... we are not talking thumbnails here we are talking images
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 8:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebdoo
As far as XP goes ... we are not talking thumbnails here we are talking images
Read again, XP can print from full page to tiny thumbnails.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote