Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 8, 2003, 9:26 PM   #1

Default print multiple photos on 1 page, how?

i am very new to using PS7. i have mainly been using it to touch up and print photo's. but i have a question, how can i print multiple photo's on 1 page? so far i have been doing 1 photo per page, which is a waste of paper.
newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:12 AM   #2

I enlarge the canvas, making sure the background is white. Then I paste in the photos I want to print, and arrange them to print on one page.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:05 AM   #3

i was just messing around with PS7. i created an 8.5 x 11 "letter" window, then used the "move tool" to move the pictures over to it. this seems to work. is this a good way to do it? is there a better way?

i noticed when i went to "print with preview" the pictures looked kinda fuzzy (when i do 1 picture at a time they always look very clear). does this just happen on my screen, or will this effect my actual prints?
newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:41 AM   #4

Hi Newtothis,
I would strongly encourage you to investigate a printing program that MANY users feel is the BEST program period, for printing functions, including multiple images on one page. The program "Qimage", is the best $39 you will ever invest for your digital darkroom. It can be downloaded for a 30 day free trial at:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

The purchase price will include lifetime free updates and improvements which the developer Mike Chaney churns out on a frequent and regular basis! Curt
Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 8:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis
i was just messing around with PS7. i created an 8.5 x 11 "letter" window, then used the "move tool" to move the pictures over to it. this seems to work. is this a good way to do it? is there a better way?

i noticed when i went to "print with preview" the pictures looked kinda fuzzy (when i do 1 picture at a time they always look very clear). does this just happen on my screen, or will this effect my actual prints?
Newtothis, what resolution did you choose for your new image before you placed and arranged your pictures?
Old Aug 9, 2003, 9:05 AM   #6

another option is photoslate 3 from the makers of ACDsee 5.0. its an independent program for printing mulitple images with preformatted or self-created sheets. there is a free trial too.

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...late/index.htm
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 9:31 AM   #7

I always figured printing from Photoshop would give me the absolute best quality available, so I'm hesitant to use another program for printing. Does anyone disagree?
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:38 AM   #8

remember PS is an editor/graphic arts tool not a printing utility. gee in the beginning it was just an editor. when you print it, is passes your image of to a fairly basic internal tool for positioning and such and the again it passes your image off the your printers software which then makes it usable by the printer you are using. the ICM is passed along as long as it is supported.

don't get the idea that PS does everthing perfect. it does somethings outstanding and then it is weak in other areas (and for good reason). it is designed to allow for Plug-ins, actions, and automated processes designed by outside vendors. it is both a good program and vertical marketing tool all rolled into one.

up until v5 its printing engine was not the best because around that time there were no real relatively affordable HQ Photo printers out there like the the epson 2200 and like units. so it didn't have to be. photographers would take their images to be final proofed. then have them printed on pro printers. now the the pro printer is affordable (between $700-$15000) and can be brought in house for photographers. the digital darkroom is in the procees of going the full circle that the chemical darkroom has.

PS evolves along with the current technology. as better hardware and technology arrive so will upgraded versions of PS. you do not put the cart before the horse (come out with something ahead of its time). you produce a product that relieves current issuses. that way you resell your product every year or so in upgrade form at $150 a hit. PS is a beautiful marriage of quality product/technology and great marketing.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:42 AM   #9

Sjms, I'm new around here and don't know if you are representing another brand or not. I assume Photoshop opens and displays the best quality image to send to the printer. No? I guess sometime I should try to print an image from ACDSee and test it against one printed out of Photoshop.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:02 AM   #10

no, i'm a tried and true user of PS 7.0.1 with the Adobe RAW Converter add in plus a few more tidbits. i used to use Micrografx Picture Publisher until they did the self destruct. but i do try to see things for what they are.

when you print to whatever printer doesn't a screen come up branding your printer and either shows a print preview or ink level plus the cache its using to print from. from that point on elvis has left the building. your image has left PS and is now in the hands of another program to convert the PS color scheme to the one used by the printer and by PFM hopefully create the WYSWYG image and by technology at its best(ICM) you have produced an image that resembles pretty much what you saw when you first pressed the shutter release button.