Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 22, 2007, 5:10 PM   #1

How would I go about getting rid of my hair in a picture? I want a bald photo. :?

I'm trying to hunt down a picture of me to show you what I need to get rid of. I'll add it in next post.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2007, 5:16 PM   #2

Heres a shot, if anyone is ambitious, you could try to photoshop it if you want.
Attached Images

Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:19 PM   #3

The problem is: what do your ears and forehead look like. Do your ears look like this?

Attached Images

hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:54 PM   #4

Those ears are a bit bigger than mine, but that picture is hilarious none the less! Thank you so much.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:56 PM   #5

May I ask what photoshop techniques you used to do that? I could sure play some fun tricks on my friends with such an evil ability. :G
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:16 AM   #6

Personally, I like to work in layers. I converted your image to 320dpi using bicubic smoothing so details would be easier to work with. I kept the original layer just in case, made a duplicate ... layer 1 (and turned off the original). I made another duplicate, layer 2, and temporarily turned it off. On themiddle layer,layer 1, I cloned out the hair and well into the general head area using nearby leaves.

Looking on Google Images by typing "bald head" I found several photos of bald-headed people and chose one that was close to what I wanted. On that image I cut out the bald head portion I wanted to use, and pasted it in between the middle Layer 1 (the layer with the hair cloned out with leaves)and the top Layer 2. I tried to match it colorwise and size wise using the color adjustments and skew/distort tools to get proper positioning and porportions.

Once satisfied with color and positioning,I turned Layer 2 (the topmost layer) back on, turned transparancy down a bit,and simply erased through it what I did not want (that way the facial details were preserved) using various percentages of erasure. Finally I brought transparancy back to 100%, flattned, touched up with the blur tool, and sized back to the original 72dpi.

Bassakwards from others' methods, I am sure, but the whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

On edit: BTW, check this out on scene compositing (which issomewhat like what I did with your head)

Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:21 AM   #7

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try after work.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:07 AM   #8

You're welcome! Oh... I forgot to add this URL for the scene compositing information: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2058

Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:12 PM   #9

http://www.baldlygo.com/Virtual_headshaving.htm
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 5:04 PM   #10

Default How about this!

Haha thats some really cool work! Does anyone reckon they could do the same with my photo? I really need to play a prank on someone!
Attached Images

ptear is offline   Reply With Quote