Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:46 PM   #1

I'm sure most of you have seen this, a full black and white picture with one thing left in color... a person, some flowers etc.

How is this done? specifically in corel photo, not photoshop.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2007, 3:40 PM   #2

does coral photo have layers?

if not ur pretty stuffed

if it as u make a duplicate layer ontop of original, make it blach n white by what ever methord you preffer the get eraser tool and rub away at black n white layer to show colour below

thats a pretty basic way of doing it.......its how u do it in photoshop and should work if coral as layers as i said, there are better but more complex ways but hard to explain

sorry cant be more specific but i dont know coral been a photoshop user, just trying to help out

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:14 AM   #3

Don't know if Corel has the tools, as I've not used it. One way that works with others, is to first copy the picture, then convert copy to b/w. Use the clone tool to clone in the hue/saturation from the original to the copy. (this assumes you can clone between two files, and can set the clone brush to the hue/sat mode)

Another way is to do the copy and conversion, then extract the portion of the original you want in color, drag it as a layer(photoshop and some others) or an object (photoimpact) to the copy, adjust the transparency and merge.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:52 PM   #4

Thanks you guys, I worked off what you said but still had trouble figuring it out. I finally came across this on their website

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1163086372378

so if anyone else out there wants to know how this is done on corel photo xi, check out the link. it's actually quite easy.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:08 PM   #5

its basicly what i said, a black n white layer over colour rub out black n white to reveal colour below, crude but easy way of doing it

glad u sorted it out........:-)

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote