Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:53 AM   #1

I am using the latest Bibble for RAW conversion. It dramatically reduces file size. Bibble tech support sent me gobbly goop saying this was normal, but my serious photographer friends say this is nonsense. Can anyone tell me what I may be missing in using Bibble or is this just what it does? One of of pictures went to 224 kb after processing.

Thanks
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:28 AM   #2
Administrator

What file type are you saving in?

It's not going to modify your raw files. But, you can pick between different output formats when you use Save As. TIFF is going to be larger (it's uncompressed).

If you're saving in JPEG (which is a compressed file format), check the amount of compression you have set with the JPEG Quality slider. You'll find that under File>Preferences>Output

The default is probably around 80. Set it higher if you want higher quality with less compression (which will give you larger file sizes).

Or, you may have modified the output size parameter to where it's saving a lower resolution image.

To change that, go to Tools>Basic>Output Size

The defaults will have the check box for Scale% checked with 100 (giving you the same resolution you started out with). So, unless you changed it, that box should already be set correctly. It wouldn't hurt to check it to make sure though.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 7:25 AM   #3

Thanks. That was exactly it. Why Bibble tech support didn't mention these settings, I can't imagine.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote