Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 7, 2007, 9:06 AM   #1

Hello,

I am making my own templates for album use and like the idea of the double wide page setup. My issue I can only upload one page at a time so if I have one image spread across two pages.... and can only upload one.. any suggestions on how to complete this task...
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:29 PM   #2

what do u mean exactly its a bit vague

do u mean templates for cs2s built in gallery maker? title suggest that

or are u trying to make like an open book image to use elsewhere?

Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:17 PM   #3

Yeah sorry Gary for being so vague... trying to keep it short...

In Photoshop, I want to make templates to be uploaded to online services that make albums. (coffee table type albums) As I understand none of those complanies allow for an image to be spread across both pages... so I was trying to make a template that would allow me to save two different images (a right hand and a left hand if you will) so that they line up if I drop them into the online album maker's site properly.

I hope that makes sense.

sorry if it still sounds weird... (maybe the better question is.... is there a company that allows for an image to be spread across both pages?)

Thanks for all your help

Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:08 AM   #4

ah u want it for a print album!

id think its reasonably easy to get image correct for height on each page.

what id do is replicat page in photoshop,making sure background is white (paper colour)then get your image ur wanting to use and cut it in half,drage left hand half into the page u have replicated and aling to right hand side, and do same for right hand page and aling to left side.

because photoshop uses layes u can make the right hand page image see through with opacaty controls to allow u to see other image and aline the up perfectly

only other problem is the bound area

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:53 AM   #5

Assuming you are having the album(s) made but not knowing your monetary restraints, if you Google "double page spread" or "professional photo album printing", you will findseveral albumprinters that offer it (oftento wedding and other professional photographers) and without the need for you to do any specialized setting up.

FWIW, some simple instructions from one do-it-yourself site can be found here: http://www.picaboo.com/ideacenter/ye...lbum_tips.html

By the way, I have found that on a double page spread you should attempt to keep critical photo elements to the right or left of center so as to avoid the center seam from distracting from the image.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:30 PM   #6

Thanks so much.. I will google it (damn google rocks doesn't it )

In my mind I was making an 8x20" layer (8x10 book, two pages) and then drag over the image on the right side (the core elements are indeed on the one side) finished the collage on the other side of the double page layer.... and then flattened .. then cut out using the ruler at the top to measure out 8x10 and copy it to another 8x10 layer (entirely new) then saving as a jpeg... do the same with the other side.. and then at the end of the day... they still may not line up... OUCH...

I will look into the google stuff, thanks for the help!