Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 25, 2007, 4:59 PM   #1

After shooting JPG with my Nikon D100 for some time now, I am finally making the move to shoot RAW. Originally, I believe some software (Nikon Captrue?) came with my camera, but after 5 years I am sure it is way out of date.

I am looking for some suggestions/recommendations for software to process my NEF shots. I do have Adobe CS2, and have tried it with my RAW images, and seems to work ok, but I do not know how it compares to other software such as the current version of Nikon Capture or CaptureOne, or whatever else there is out there.

Comments/suggestions/recommendations?
Pilaar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:47 PM   #2
ELC

I use Picasca--->http://http://www.picasa2.com/ for all of my RAW images and it worksvery well and user friendly....you can also edit the pictures as well....It can also transfer the images to jpeg and go straight towhatever yourassigned folder isfor pictures.
ELC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:58 AM   #3

You might find this link somewhat helpful: http://www.bythom.com/raw.htm

If you do a web search using terms like, raw converters comparison, you'll get a lot more stuff to look at!

Luck to you!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:04 AM   #4

thanks for the tip!
Pilaar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:07 AM   #5

I suspect if your software is out of date you can update it from Nikon.

There are a lot of programs available now and they run from free to $650+. I've used Bibble, Picture Window Pro, Silkypix, Elements, and Lightroom. Right now I'm using Lightroom.

You can download free thirty-day trials for most of the editing software and play with it a bit. Every program seems to have it's strengths and weaknesses and it's supporters and haters.

patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:12 AM   #6

Hello,

My silly question...!

Mainly I use Picasa...but my Computer expert Son download for me the last version of "Raw Therapee 2.2" today I read that the "Extincting"...one named
"RawShooter essentials1.1.3" now with some improvements under Adobe's acquisition & named "Lightroom"..., is much easier to comprehend & faster to use? + still FREE!!!

it's that correctly? Any constructive information/advice will help me so much...please!:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote