Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 26, 2003, 8:35 PM   #1

Default Photoshop Elements Problem -HELP!

I've been using Photshop Elements for nearly a year with great success. Today I encountered a problem when I was trying to print a panoramic photo on roll paper (which I do on a regular basis). I went to print preview, set centered, went to print. Selected my Epson 2200, set the correct properties with a user defined paper dimension. The preview screen comes up blank except for just a slight glimpse of the RIGHT hand edge of the photo on the LEFT had side of the preview page. When I clicked out to reset (thinking I had a wrong setting) the image would not go through the preview option - it would only go to print. I've spent most of the day fooling with this problem with no success. I reloaded my printer software, checked for updates. Any other size photo on a different paper size performs normally. The only thing I can think of that is different is I plugged in Genuine Fractals this week - would that effect this setting? Any suggestions? I use XP. THc for any help, this is really maddening........john
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2003, 8:49 PM   #2

If you cropped the picture, make sure you selected the dimensions in inches vice pixels... I've made that mistake...
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:10 PM   #3

Yes, in inches, but THX for the suggestion. This pano is actually a photo merge of 6 photos which I have made several prints of over the past six months.....THX - john
Old Aug 27, 2003, 10:59 AM   #4

Now that I think about it, I've had some other quirky behavior in PSE related to page layout. About a month ago, my picture package layouts would not center unless I unchecked centered and set the margins manually. I believe I'll reinstall PSE software and see if this corrects the probalm. If anyone has any other ideas or observations over the next few days, pls advise. TXH - john