Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:04 PM   #1

Apologize for starting a similar thread on here about a month ago, but I've shifted priorities and wanted to get everyone's opinion. Got a K10d a few months ago, been using it a lot (also just switched to a Mac). When using Windows, I often used Picassa as my first step for reviewing pictures and doing quick fixes (gotta admit that I love the "I'm feeling lucky button").

Now that I have a system I feel like I'll be sticking with for a while (k10d and Macbook), I want to get an editor to work with. I'd like to be able to do everything in one program - from the quick fixes to the more advanced. I'm not nearly at the level where I'll need CS3 but I want something I can grow in to. iPhoto seems to be alright and I do appreciate the autoenhance feature and the autofix blemishes even though they aren't perfect. Question is, should I step up to Elements or Lightroom.

With Lightroom, will I be able to click one button to get the autoenhance so that I can just tweak from there? Or, if I want those beginner functions am I better off with Elements or just sticking with iPhoto?
culveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:55 AM   #2

You might also want to look at DXO Optics. I know that it supports your camera, but you have to check and see if it supports the lenses that you may have.
PhotoFusion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:01 AM   #3

I have Lightroom, because I got it free, but I have to admit I like it. LR does have some presets but it does not seem to have the equivalent of an "I feel lucky" button. You can go through and set what you usually like and save it as a personal preset and then just apply it in batch to all your photos.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote