Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:43 AM   #1

Hello Folks,

Yesterday I decided to download my first raw converter...looking for one "Free"...I selected the Raw Therapee 2.2...which I discovered that with my new computer works "Extremely" slow, took me to adjust this attached photo near 3/4 hour...with so many possibilities...I got confused + till I saw the change by Histogram or visually the photo... comparatively with my 3 years Picasa...NO comparability in speed & easy to manipulate.:?

After that was imported, from the Raw Therapee to my Picasa photo organizer as JPG...NOT PEF, I PP again with the Picasa & here is the results?

The photo was snapped today before commence to rain...

Any constructive input is as always welcomed...:idea:

Enjoy,

Peace,

Alex 007:|

Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:33 PM   #2

Hi. Alex;

Nice looking photo. I have been trying out Raw Therapee as well, and it is a bit slow. but I find that if I keep the preview window size at 1:4 or 1:3, it speeds things up quite nicely. Most changes show up within a couple seconds on my 2Ghz computer.

I like being able to store the processing setup for any number of lens and lighting combinations. Once I get it all set, I should be able to just choose the appropriate profile, and most of the work will be done.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 4:15 AM   #3

Hello Brian,

Thanks so much for your input...I wrote you asking your kindly help!

Here another example from today, also using my two downladed programs first the Raw Therapee (I snap using Pentax DND Raw!), & after that is exported again to my Picasa photo organizer...I PP again with the Picasa...& here below is the results...cropped + soft focus surrounding!:P

Again any input is as always welcomed!

Thanks for looking,

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote