Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:20 PM   #11
Administrator

P.S.

If you scroll down to our Software related forums, you'll see that we have a forum setup for Editors (Photoshop, etc.)

I've moved this thread there. If you browse through some of the threads in that forum, you'll find lots of image editors mentioned, and a number of them are free.

You'll also find that many of the commercial products have trial versions you can download. That way, you can see if you like a solution before buying it.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:54 PM   #12

Which free program is best for Windows that will allow me to adjust white balance?
jfphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:44 PM   #13

Faststone and Photoshop Elements 2 are the two I like. Faststone is similar to the earlier ACDSee and Irfanview programs, but I think it's better. And Photoshop Elements does everything I could possibly want.

Faststone is free you just download it from the Internet - though the guy who designed it appreciates any contribution you may feel like giving. (I liked it so much that it made me feel extra generous).

Photoshop Elements 2 can still (I think) be found on eBay. That's where I got it - for $25. And I keep as a spare another copy that came with a used computer that I bought. It took me several years to learn how to use "layers" - and then I kicked myself because it was so easy: I could have avoided many frustrated hours if I'd had the sense to ask some knowledgeable teenager to show me how.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfphotos View Post
Which free program is best for Windows that will allow me to adjust white balance?
Whichever program came on the disc with your camera.

Kelly Cook