Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 13, 2003, 9:42 PM   #1

Default Frames

I know that it has asked many times before,but I cannot find the item. My question is how do you make those drop shadows beneath a picture where the picture looks slightly raised with a shadow beneath it in Adobe Elements? I see them all the time and really like them,but can't figure how hpw to do them.. Thanks
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:03 PM   #2
NHL

I don't have Element, but it should be very similar to Photoshop. It's located in one of the standard actions that come with Adobe under frame. It's called Drop Shadow Frame and all you have to do is select this action and press play!

You can also go to Layer > Layer Style... and experiment with bevel/emboss, inner/outer shadow, angle etc, manually... But if you go to the Adobe web site, there's an abundance of other action frames that you can download as well from other users... 8)

http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrow...ctType.asp?t=5
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 2:24 AM   #3

Thanks NHL, I will give it a whirl
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 1:37 AM   #4

Default Easy Framing

I don't know if PS Elements includes the same actions as PS does. If it doesn't or if you are interested in an alternate method of generating frames and shadowing effects, you may be interested in PhotoFramer from http://www.pixlabs.com. It is very flexible and easy to use. It can create the floating photo effect you mention (with or without a border around the image) as well as more traditional frames like the one below.

cheers,

-roger

Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote