Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:28 AM   #1

I am having problems with Picasa2. I want to use the slideshow feature to use my laptop as a Digital Photo Frame. I want to store the photos that I want to display on a USB2 memory card so that I can shut the hard drive down for extended showings.

Apparently, I don't understand the program well enough to do this.

Can anyone give me some pointers/suggestions on how to do this. I will be most greatful :-)

Thanks in advance.

Fred
FredH38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:33 PM   #2

Fred....Since you cast your line a week ago and have yet to get a bite, I can only conclude that there are not many Picasa users in these waters. If you haven't done so already, post your problem with the Official Picasa Help Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/picasa

Good luck!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:18 AM   #3
Administrator

I'd never even tried the slideshow feature in Picasa.

But, it looks simple to use.

You'd need to add the folder on the USB drive the images are stored in to the watched folders list in Picasa. Just go to Tools>Folder Manager, and navigate to the folder you have the images in and click on the Scan Always choice.

That way, it will put any images it finds in that folder in an album you can view. Then, just click on the Album Title to Select it and Press the Slideshow button at the top of the screen.

But, that may not help your hard drive problem, since the Picasa software is running from the hard drive, not from the USB attached memory your images would be on. So, it's probably going to access it's database on the hard drive between images. You'd have to try it to find out.

Irfanview has a separate .exe file that can run slide shows that you could install on a usb attached memory card.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote