Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 30, 2008, 5:14 AM   #1

Hello Erudites/Gurus" about "Editors & Softwares"!

Today I installed this Free photo software named "Image-Analyzer"...as a PSP-9 complementary.:idea:

Whatever I have one question regarding the inside "Noise reduction" issue...& is this...

What is the differences among "Pyramid & Gauss" when I use as they named "Adaptive Noise reduction" possibility?:?

Here is the link from the designer...http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/

Decided to add the first "tried out" photo that my wife snap me last week of me inside my vintage car...

Please trusting that i will get some input that will help to me to select the top result using this noise reduction + any advises how to use this software better as with Digital issues...honestly I'm a totally idiot...sadly but 100% true...now I'm near 65 years old...so "Analogue/Film" era I comprehend very well...

Thanks in advance for your noble action with me...

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:58 PM   #2

Hi, Alex;

I have been using Image analyzer for a couple years, but didn't know about the 'pyramid' and 'gauss' settings in the noise reduction. Checked the link and found that the software has been updated a couple times since I started using it. I loded up the latest version and took a look. It seems there is an option using 'pyramid' to use a double-sized image, which isn't available with 'gauss'. this was available in the earlier version, so I would guess that the 'gauss' setting is new. It seems to be a small radius gaussian blur, which would be useful for reducing edge artifacts.

In general, the noise reduction in IA is fairly simple and I haven't found it to work very well on really noisy images. I prefer using dedicated noise reduction s/w such as Neat Image for obviously noisy pictures.

Image analyzer has been useful for the deblurring available with the deconvolution settings. It has taken me quite a bit of time to figure out what that is all about, and I still am not too sure I understand it. I have used it to sharpen up some pretty blurred pictures, though.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:04 AM   #3

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Alex;

I have been using Image analyzer for a couple years, but didn't know about the 'pyramid' and 'gauss' settings in the noise reduction. Checked the link and found that the software has been updated a couple times since I started using it. I loded up the latest version and took a look. It seems there is an option using 'pyramid' to use a double-sized image, which isn't available with 'gauss'. this was available in the earlier version, so I would guess that the 'gauss' setting is new. It seems to be a small radius gaussian blur, which would be useful for reducing edge artifacts.

In general, the noise reduction in IA is fairly simple and I haven't found it to work very well on really noisy images. I prefer using dedicated noise reduction s/w such as Neat Image for obviously noisy pictures.

Image analyzer has been useful for the deblurring available with the deconvolution settings. It has taken me quite a bit of time to figure out what that is all about, and I still am not too sure I understand it. I have used it to sharpen up some pretty blurred pictures, though.

brian
Hi, Brian,

I also downloaded another photo FREE program named "PhotoFiltre"

http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

+ Yesterday another Raw Converter (Trusting that my Pentax K10D DMG Raw will work with it), as my lovely USE 1.2.1 version 72 don't cope with newer DSLR cameras.

It's named "SilkyPix" Free nominally version "Developer Studio 3.0.17.2

http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/englis...load/?20080313

As today I use when I shoot RAW with my KM 7D camera the last version of RSE 1.2.1. Version 72...but don't accept my newer Pentax K10d model...for so I want to try this week the "SilkyPix" one.

Dear Brian, any more arudite advises from you will be very helpfully!:idea:

Thanks a lot,

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:08 AM   #4

Hi Brian,

Just test the SilkyPix software DON'T satisfies my needs...or I don't comprehend as I understand the RSE 1.2.1 version 72 It's extremely sadly that RSE now don't exist anymore as a 100% FREE raw converter...so after looking at Goggle I decided to try the Free raw Converter. So I deleted the SilkyPix software!

http://www.stepok.com/eng/raw_importer.htm

Really my dear Brain...I press next all time...after making my adjustments...& such DNG Raw Pentax K10D files...are copied back to my Picasa photo organizer with NO problem...Yes is also true...that I can make adjustments directly in my Picasa without need to any Raw Converter. Among us...I need to read the Instruction of how to use this "Stepok's Raw Importer" as he named for assure me better use of it!.

Here my first example of using this Stepok's Raw Importer!:?

Please, Brain...any advises will make me much happier!:P

Thanks a lot,

Peace,

Alex!:|
Attached Images