Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:29 PM   #1

Hi I have an Aiptek 1080p camcorder that records video into .mov files. Playing the video in it's native raw format is awesome, 1280X720 60 fps, whether using quicktime or an encoder that is included that allows WMP to play .mov files, vey smooth. However when I use Nero 8 ultra to record onto a DVD, it appears to greatly reduce the frame rate, seems to cut in half so the video comes out a lot choppier. Is there a way in Nero or any other DVD creator software that maintains the original frame rate? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
alback12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:54 PM   #2

hd vid needs to be burnt to blue ray disks and you need a blue ray player and a high end pc to edit the footage, due to file size......ie loads of ram and memory and very fast processor

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:52 PM   #3

But when I play it back on my TV directly from the camera, it seems fine, even if I go through normal AV cable. I'm just wondering why the frame rate seems to be reduced, I don't think it has anything to do with the resolution. It plays fine when I just copy the file straight to the PC. I have a Core 2 Duo laptop with 2 GB memory, I create the DVD with no problem, it's just that the video when it is converted to DVD loses quality when I play on a DVD player. There is a normal DVD quality 60 fps mode on the camcorder, which is non-HD, even in this mode when played on the PC the video is very fluid but burning onto DVD it loses some of the fluidity.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:00 PM   #4

Also if possible, please reply with definite workarounds or solutions. If you have experience with the same camcorder I have and have found a way to create DVD's while maintaining the same fluid frame rate, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:03 PM   #5

your using the wrong nero !
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:07 PM   #6

Which Nero should I be using? And what is wrong with Nero 8 Ultra? Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:35 PM   #7

it doesnt do hd.....u need ultra with the hd pack
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:44 PM   #8

It has the HD pack, I have options to burn to either a blu ray disc or HD. My camcorder has 4 recording modes: HD 1080/30fps, HD 720 60fps, HD 720/ 30fps DVD 720/60fps, and I guess some basic mode which is 30 fps. The HD 720 60fps and DVD 720/60fps have the best fluidity and play great on the PC. However even recording in DVD 720/60fps, it loses it's fluidity when burned onto a DVD. So I don't think it's due to having or not having HD packs. Nero 8 Ultra version I have has an option to burn HD content onto normal DVD called a mini HD DVD, still loses its fluidity. I don't know why the fluidity has to be affected.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:55 PM   #9

your pc can handle all file types with proper software and your monitor is high deffinition, but to get the files to play on a regular dvd player that doesnt support high deffinition it as to be downsampled andi think this is where the jerkyness comes in....from cam to tv via hdmi will be full high deff image

i dont see a way around it without blue ray burner and player except to get a video card with hdmi out and run lead from pc to tv

im assuming that your tv is an lcd or plasma that supports hd??

its very complicated and if you go to wikipedia and search for HD it goes someway to explain about it.....basicly the high deff image is 2x bigger than a regular tv and dvd player can handle hence the downsample........!!! takes some getting your head round it all

am sorry that i cant be more precise with an answer that your hoping for that will fix you imediatly but there are so many variables

Gary
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:03 PM   #10

But here's the thing, even when I record DVD-60fps mode, even converting that to DVD reduces the framerate. This mode is non-HD, I'm assuming it is supposed to be standard DVD quality. Also I don't think HD has anything to do with framerate, it's more of the resolution that it has an effect.