Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:54 PM   #1

General question.

I know my iPhoto Library folder is in my User/Pictures folder. But for some odd reason Bibble Pro isn't displaying "iPhoto Library". Why? If it could it would make it so much easier to batch process files or brows over entire picture folders in Bibble Pro.

Ideas?

I d/l Bibble Pro 4.10.1 to try. In a few days (I think 10) I'll have to decide whether I want to keep this. Looking at it briefly is is more less straight forward. And it does support the Nikon D700. A camera I might consider down the road. Though I'm sure DXO Optics Pro 5 (or is it 5.2 now?) will support the D700 soon too.

I suppose Aperture 2.0 would have no problems seeing the iPhoto Library folder. Not sure why Bibble Pro is.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Administrator

I'm not a Mac user, and know very little about them.

But, you're probably just pointing it at the wrong folder.

From a quick google search, this is where the iPHoto library images are normally stored:

/Users/YourAccountName/Pictures/iPhoto Library/

You may want to try "right clicking" on a photo in iPhoto and see if you can see any properties that show it's exact location (I'm assuming there is a properties menu choice somewhere when viewing a photo). Then point Bibble towards that folder. The Operating System may be hiding the true folder location for some reason.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:42 PM   #3

Thanks but I've dumped the trial copy. Downloaded Aperture 2.0. Ordered a boxed copy too. Much more fitting to the Mac OS X enviroment. And for my useage. Bibble Pro and DXO Optics seem to be designed for the Vista more.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:45 PM   #4
Administrator

I dunno about that. I'm running a dual boot config with Linux and Windows (Linux + XP Pro on one desktop, Linux + Vista on another), and Bibble works great under all of them.

I don't know much about Macs though. I haven't used an Apple Computer in many years.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:18 PM   #5

Your iPhoto "folder" is actually a "package", speaking in OSX terms. So unless Bibble specifically says that it can parse OSX packages, then you are out of luck. For example, Synchronize Pro is the backup utility that I use for the reason that it will scan my iPhoto Library package and backup only those files that have changed. There may be workarounds for batch processing, but Aperture is a wonderful tool.
memento is offline   Reply With Quote