Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:37 AM   #1
Administrator

If anyone missed this, Creative Suite 4 is now shipping:

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the immediate availability of the Adobe Creative Suite 4 product family, the highly-anticipated release of industry-leading design and development software for virtually every creative workflow. Delivering radical breakthroughs in workflow efficiency -- and packed with hundreds of innovative, time saving features -- the new Creative Suite 4 product line advances the creative process across print, Web, interactive, film, video and mobile.

Customers can choose from six new versions: Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium, Design Standard, Web Premium, Web Standard, Production Premium and Master Collection. The combination of Creative Suite and the new capabilities of Adobe Flash Player 10, also available today (see separate press release) deliver new levels of creativity and expressiveness across media channels. Designers using the Adobe Creative Suite 4 product family will gain unprecedented creative control using the new expressive features and visual performance improvements in Adobe Flash Player 10 to deliver breakthrough Web experiences across multiple browsers and operating systems.

For more information visit: http://www.adobe.com/creativesuite.

Adobe Flash Player 10 is available immediately as a free download for Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:19 PM   #2

Has anyone started using CS4 yet?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:48 PM   #3
Administrator

Not me. The only Windows based app I have much interest in at all right now is the new DXO Optics Pro (5.3), which appears to offer some huge advantages in noise reduction when shooting raw (2 to 3 stops of improvement compared to competitors). IOW, the algorithms used by this application represent a major breakthrough in processing high ISO speed images.

See more about the new noise reduction algorithms in version 5.3 here, including comparisons with Nikon Capture NX (which is pretty good for noise reduction) and Adobe Camera Raw:

http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/dxo_op...rsion/high_iso

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:01 PM   #4

My other half will not thank you for posting that link, and I sure wish I had seen it last week. For a long time I've used Neat Image and have been pretty happy with the results. But I kept reading things here and there about how good/better Noise Ninja was. My very big mistake was to buy it before doing the free trial first - I've been having trouble getting the results I like with it. This program would have made more sense (though it is more expensive) and has some other features that sound very useful. Now I just have to figure out how to justify buying yet another program!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:51 AM   #5

i dont see many benefits from GPU utilization[maybe following patches fixed that, who knows ?], but x64 version i use and 12 Gb of RAM - really helpfull. UI changed, but in right way and precision of processing raised, but PS7 still better, IMO.

p.s.
imagine you spend some time working with [mutiple] 24k18k or 8kx6k files ...
x64 version can save half of you life [for life itself], on machine with decent amounts of RAM. someone works with sat images, someone with Geo or Mediacal data a and some&some&some others ...
i mean - even x64 support worth upgrade to CS4, even if dont like UI changing.

SkyShoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:47 AM   #6

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone started using CS4 yet?
I've been playing with a trial

Some cool new stuff

Tabs: You can now have multi images open in the same Tabbed window. This makes switching back and forth much easier. And you can drag from one tab to the other which is great if you are putting together a composite.

View Rotate: You can rotate the image on your monitor without actually rotating the image. This allows you to match the angle of your graphics tablet making it more comfortable to use.

Clone tool: Now when you use the clone tool or healing brush you can see the source inside the brush. This will help avoid mistakes.

Save for web: when you resized in the save for web feature of CS3 you had to click "apply" with the mouse after inputting the new size. Now you can just hit the enter key. Seems like a small thing but it always annoyed me.

Camera Raw and Bridge seem to have some new stuff too but I haven't figured it all out yet

Some Disappointments

Buttons: The reason I downloaded the trial was I heard they added buttons. I soooo miss extensis photo tools button bar. Turns out they added a few almost useless ones. When will Adobe get it together and give us this simple little feature that every other program on the market has.

Plug ins: If you use PhotoFrame Be prepared to upgrade then be prepared for the fact its berried in the Automate menu not the filter menu. Im sure other filters must be upgraded too.

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote