Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 27, 2008, 9:39 AM   #11

Stevekin, I updated CS3 and camera raw already. How do I downgrade to the original camera raw? I guess it is my last hope to get this thing working correctly. Thanks!
artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 9:58 AM   #12

Here comes one crazy solution idea for your problem... Limit PS to just one CPU (can use task manager fo this). I know, that sometimes there is a strange behaviour especially in games on multiprocessor-machines resulting in gfx malfunction or strange artifacts etc.

Maybe the same kind of bug hit you?
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:40 AM   #13

artmustel....you shouldn't be having the problem with later versions and with CS3 updated....according to what was experienced by some.
However, it wouldn't hurt to try :?

This page gives you all Photoshop updates (Windows) : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

You want to try under CS3 > Camera Raw 4.3.1
Or try any other version that will still support your camera's raw files.
All info and installation instructions can be found there.

Also consider what thkn777 has suggested :-)
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:31 AM   #14

Stevekin, 4.3.1 update did not solve the problem!...

Thkn777...sorry, how do I do that? I went to task manager but I can't see how to make the change you've suggested.

artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:41 PM   #15

artmustel wrote:
Quote:
Stevekin, 4.3.1 update did not solve the problem!...

Thkn777...sorry, how do I do that? I went to task manager but I can't see how to make the change you've suggested.

Hello,
sorry, I missed your question somehow.

If in task manager, switch to "processes" tab and find the PS CS3 process. Right click the entry with the mouse. A context menu should appear. There is an entry "affinity" or something like this (sorry, my XP is in german, so this is a wild guess). When you click this, a new control shows up with multiple choice entries for CPU's, i.e. "CPU 0", "CPU 1", ... and so on. Normally all available CPU's will be selected (i.e. CPU0 and CPU1 for a DualCore CPU). Just deselect all CPU's but one.

Note: this change is for the current XP session only, so in case you experience any troubles, just reboot.

To my mind PS CS3 as a professional software with long history SHOULDN'T have a problem with multiple CPU's, but who knows? It's at least worth a try...

Good luck.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote