Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:01 PM   #1

After i installed my copy of CS4 I noticed that there was no blue PS folder icon. Instead, I have a white/yellow "sheets of paper with a circle / " icon.

The install looked to have gone off without a hitch. Just won't run.

Btw. This is the Mac OS X version. I'm running a MacBook Pro. 2.5GHz. 15.4". 4GB of RAM...etc.

Before I installed my copy of CS4 I had (days before) the "trial" version of CS4 Extended installed. Removed days ago. Just received my copy of CS4 and Lightroom 2.0 today. Lightroom installed without troubles.

Ideas? Last thing I want to do is to have to backup important files and REFORMAT. Last resort.

Tuesday, Jan 6th, 2009.

Problem solved!!

I d/l CS4 Extended again (trial). Installed it. Read the READ.ME file (stresses you MUST use their uninstall program ONLY...thus, cannot use AppZapper or dump the CS4 folder into the TRASH). Ran the Adobe uninstall program. Did a detailed and complete uninstall. Installed my copy of CS4. No problems. CS4 is running fine.

I even got the "right" SETUP dialogue box this time with 6 tabs vs 3 tabs previously. Just because I still had some conflicting files still on my HD.

Hope this will help the next guy that might run into this problem.

DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:55 PM   #2

Well done to solve your problem, and it's also good information that you have to actually uninstall CS4 with their uninstaller. Though that doesn't totally surprise me - I went looking for something entirely different that I had installed and found various Adobe stuff all over (I have CS4 Design Premium package). I never did find what I was looking for, but figured out what I needed to do to get what I had installed working.
mtngal is online now   Reply With Quote