Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:17 AM   #1

Hi guys, first post here although I've been reading the Hybrid forum with great interest.
I got a Praktica 5.1HD for my birthday. It was just too good a price to pass up at £90. I just tried converting about 2 mins worth of 720p film to AVI with the supplied software and ended up with a 5oddGig file! That wouldn't be too bad as I didn't use any compressin codecs but when I played the film in Media Player the sound was fine but the film was in slow mo (could be my laptop but it's a dual core centrino with a gig of RAM and it's never stuggled with any video before. It also has a dedicated Radeon X1400 with 256Meg of ram).
I'm used to editing with Premiere which is what I will probably use but I need something to convert the HD to AVI or something similar after before or after editing. For anyone that isn't sure the cam uses the H.264 format.
Thanks in advance
Simon
Sorted. I used the bundled Presto software to convert to a max quality DIVX which kept the aspect and the sound quality (as it is).
DaddySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links