Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:15 PM   #1

Default Soft ware suggestions? Newbie!

You guys gave me great info in finding the perfect camera now I need help with the software. I bought the samsung digimax V4 and the software is lacking.....alot!
I have used camedia before and loved it. It was simple and did what i needed, crop, create black and white and most important easy to share! We have a version of Acdsee 5 and I find it very hard to use.... so I am slightly computer challanged! So any and all help would be great!
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2003, 10:32 AM   #2

To truly enjoy the benefits of digital photography you need to learn at least one editing program. You shouldn't simply choose the easiest to work with because you may find the technical support lacking. The popular ones are Photoshop, Photoshop elements, Paint shop pro and Photo Impact by Ulead. These are full service programs that will allow you to grow and learn over time. Programs like Acdsee, Thumbs Plus, and QImage will do basic photo editing but are more for organization and print layout. Photoshop and Paint shop pro will have great books at any book store that will help you get started. I prefer Photoshop elements for new people because once you have learned it you can move on to Photoshop full version with no new learning curve. Photoshop elements is the same as photoshop with fewer features. It is worth spending the money on a good book that comes with a CD for training. Not only will it make using the program more enjoyable it will also give you completely new ideas of what you can do. The other reason to go with a full service program like photoshop is that on Forum like this you will find hundreds of people that know how to use the program and can help you with the features. Type photoshop into your search engine and you will get thousands of pages of support for the program. Photoshop also has a great webpage creator go to this link and click on any of the albumshttp://www.theroismans.com/Pages/Famiy-Albums.htm All of these photo albums were created with the click of a button in photoshop. If you do decide to go with photoshop have your child buy it as a student. You can get the full version for about $149-$169. Good luck.
Todd Roisman is offline   Reply With Quote