Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 6, 2003, 6:59 PM   #1

Default Comparisons please

I've been using CorelPhoto Paint for some time, for no reason other than it was available to me free. I use it and get the job done, but would be interested to hear from those of you with experiencve, how it compares to other software (ease of use, ability to edit, etc.). Also, what software do you have and/or recomend for a novice like me?
Thanks, Bill
Original Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2003, 8:50 PM   #2

No really powerfull photo editor is going to be easy to use, It takes time to figure out *why* you want to do some things. Once you know why, figuring out *how* to do it is fairly easy.

I suggest that you keep on using what you have untill you find something you want to do that it cannot do. In the mean time, get a couple of cheap/free utilities. Some examples:
->IrfanView is a very nice freeware thumbnail viewer that is also a nice set of batch utlities. It will serve as a front-end for any photo editor by simply defining the external viewer/editor.
->An EXIF viewer to read things like f/stop, shutter speed, ... Ask in the forum for your specific camera since there seems to be information that the generic EXIF viewers don't read.
-> QImage for printing. It is also another good set of batch utilities.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote