Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:58 PM   #1

Default Smart Render mp4/avchd videos?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone PLEASE help!!!

I'm trying to find a way of taking the mp4 video file off my sanyo fh1 camera, run it through some video editing software, and render it with "smart rending" - so the video quality comes out exactly the same, only the bits edited need rendering, and its faster.

I've tired sooo much software today, and found nothing that can do it.

If anyone knows any codecs, or plugins or software that can do this, i'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2009, 9:07 PM   #2

Not quite sure what you are asking. Is the problem in getting it into the editing software, or does the editor not let you save it back at full quality or in the same format?
There is transcoding software called Media Coder which can accept and save in most any format available, and has user adjustable quality settings, either as quality percent or bitrate.
If you are lacking codecs, try looking at MajorGeeks.com, which is where I found Media Coder, also. The multimedia section has quite a lot of software/codecs available as free or shareware.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply VTphotog

I can import my video from my fh1 into all video editing software, but none of them seem to be able to output the same format.

If I wanted to split and join the clips, or maybe add a transition -- with i would like to output the exact same quality. And with smart rending, only the bits i have changed should be re-rendered, not the whole video.

I cannot find any software to do this :-(
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:07 AM   #4

I think I see what you are getting at, but, as I understand video processing (which is minimally), if you remove or add elements, including transitions, you change the timing information for everything following as well, and this needs to be integrated. So even if your editor doesn't need to change the video portion, it does need to process the new timing information.
Not being an expert, by any stretch of the imagination, all I can suggest is to do your processing, save at the highest quality you are able, and then re-render to the format you want with something like Media Coder.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote