Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 16, 2003, 9:17 AM   #1

Default ACDSee6 - Downloaded trial and need advice

I am new to using this kind of software having just created a folder on my desktop and creating subfolders within it for all my digital photos and then using photoshop 7.
I saw ACDSee at a photoshow where they said it integrated with photoshop but I am confused as to how to best use ACDSee. I have been able to do a search by calendar but can't seem to figure out how to use search for keywords,etc. Is there a simple way to figure out how to organize the pictures so that I can do a successful search and how does it integrate with photoshop.
I did try to create a slideshow also using the instructions and it would not play. Is this a bug in the trial program as others are mentioning a lot of bugs. I would like to use the software primarily for organizing and searching for photos as I do most of my editing in photoshop.
Thanks for any advice,
Merle
kenmerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2003, 2:53 PM   #2

ACDsee is a combination of programs. ACDsee is an image viewer. PhotoAngelo is the slide show maker, Photo Canvas is the image editor and Photo Slate is a printing program. From ADCsee you can set it up to open inages and then if you want to Edit them, when you click on the Edit button, it can be set to open the image ediitor of choice.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 10:20 AM   #3

I also downloaded the trail version wen it just came out. And I was truly disappointed with the product. I liked version 5. It seemed more complete a product than version 6. I aslo have freinds who use version 4 cause they prefers how it feels and operates. Unless ACD System release a patch acdsee 6 is not worth the download time. Try getting version and then see what you think after that.
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Try getting version and then see what you think after that.
Should be try getting version 5.
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote