Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:38 PM   #1

Default iPhoto to Aperture

I am thinking about getting Aperture. Can Aperture resize an Image? Also I have thousands of images in my iPhoto Library, can these be imported, and if so, how does one begin to organize thousands of images from scratch? Do I then delete the iPhoto library? I see no sence in wasting disk space on both. Just seems very complicated to start with Aperture after years of using iPhoto. Help Please.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:27 PM   #2

Yes it can.
Iphoto has files called events. When you import an iphoto event into aperture they are referred to as projects after the import and have their own files just like in iphoto has it's group of photo's in each event. It's quite easy.
Aperture is much better then iphoto but if you want to do some heavy editing I would recommend that you also use PSE 8 for mac along with aperture. You probably won't use PSE much but ther are somethings that aperture just can't do.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:08 PM   #3

You can download the hydra plug in for aperture to do HDR. I actually use Iphoto to organized the photo, and aperture to do the editing. When I am done, I put it back into iphoto. Do not want to waste disk space either.