Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:16 PM   #1
NLA

Default Anyone have 'PhotoshopCS4 essential skills'...

...by Mark Galer & Philip Andrews? If so, I have a small question.

I very recently was gifted with PhotoshopCS4, and purchased the above mentioned book to help me learn the program. I am having a lot of fun in doing so, but have a little concern over something (which might see insignificant to some). On page #45 of this book, the top illustration of the 'Bridge' interface shows larger icons than I am able to gain in the actual program (I am on a WindowsPC, but don't think that the icon size would be differentiated between Windows computers, and the Macs).

I would love to be able to get my icons to show bigger than they do.
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2

On the mac in the finder window selecting VIEW one of the choices is VIEW OPTIONS. You can then move the slider bar to make the ICON from 16 pixels x 16 pixels to as large as 128 pixels X 128 pixels.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:12 PM   #3
NLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
On the mac in the finder window selecting VIEW one of the choices is VIEW OPTIONS. You can then move the slider bar to make the ICON from 16 pixels x 16 pixels to as large as 128 pixels X 128 pixels.
I see no 'View Options' sub-division of the 'VIEW' menu. There is, however, a slider bar at the bottom (near right side) of the screen, that I can use to increase/decrease the size of the Drive's icon boxes. But the icons, themselves, remain at their small sizes.

But thanks anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:58 PM   #4

Maybe the only way to do it is to change the display resolution.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 8:32 PM   #5

Do you want the large icons just for this program? If not, you should be able to change to large icons in your display properties settings.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:38 PM   #6
NLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
Do you want the large icons just for this program? If not, you should be able to change to large icons in your display properties settings.

brian
Yes, Brian - for this program only. It isn't a huge issue for me, because I can get to do what needs to be done, without much to-do at all. I just liked the look of those large icons showing within the two windows (Icons & Folders viewing section).