Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:28 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Lightroom 2.0 for $149.99 (half off)

I noticed this "Shell Shocker" deal a few minutes ago at newegg.com (my favorite vendor for memory cards and computer related accessories).

They have a twice daily "Shell Shocker" deal for a limited time (usually less than one day) and Adobe Lightroom at $149.99 with free shipping is this morning's deal. So, I figured I'd pass it on in case anyone is considering this product. Here's the link (but, I wouldn't delay if you want it at that price, as it will probably go back up very soon). Note that I suspect Adobe is getting ready to release Lightroom 3.0 very soon. So, that may have something to do with the deep discount. But, even with upgrade costs, you'd probably come out ahead getting 2.0 at this price now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832105463
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:58 PM   #2

Thanks for the tip. That certainly is--was!--a hard price to resist.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:02 PM   #3

UPS just dropped it off. I can't believe how fast that was!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:08 PM   #4
Administrator

LOL

Yep, newegg.com is usually very fast. Sometimes, they're not though. For example, I ordered one of their "Shell Shocker" deals on Sunday (an external USB attached drive caddy + a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA Drive for approx. $80 total including shipping for both items) and it still hasn't shipped yet. I just checked my account a few minutes ago and it still shows a charged status only. That's very unusual (since normally, something ordered over a weekend would have shipped on Monday and it's already Tuesday now).
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:13 PM   #5
Super Moderator

nice Aaron, great price for a great piece of software.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:18 PM   #6
Administrator

I just checked again, and my drive caddy (external usb attached enclosure/drive docking station) + Seagate 7200rpm SATA 1TB drive has now shipped. So, they probably got more orders for it than anticipated (as I got the enclosure and the drive for less than the drive alone would normally cost, as well as free shipping with this combo, with both only costing me some $80.89 combined). I'm moving a lot of data around between PCs and needed more external storage. So, I watched for a good deal on this type of combo (and the "shell shocker" type deals at newegg.com on that type of hardware come up on a frequent basis).
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:32 PM   #7
Administrator

BTW, I see the price for Adobe Lightroom 2.0 at newegg.com is now $284 (versus the $149.95 deal they had on it when you bought it).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832105463

Their "Shell Shocker" deals usually only last for less than one day. So, you have to be fast to take advantage of them when they appear. I tend to look at the current deals there more than once per day (mostly looking for computer related accessories), and just happened to notice the special on Lightroom when checking. Personally, I don't use Lightroom. But, I understand that many forum members are interested in it. So, I figured that I'd pass on the deal that I found for it there.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:34 PM   #8
Super Moderator

i use lightroom 2 for image management and for RAW conversion. alot of people also use it for editing, but i am so stuck in my ways of editing in photoshop, that its alot faster for me to export to cs4 and do my editing there.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:40 PM   #9
Administrator

I've taken a liking to Bibble 5 Pro for raw conversion and image management lately. Bibble is also cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac), which is a huge plus in it's favor, since I try not to use Windows anymore than absolutely necessary (I tend to use Linux more often to avoid malware issues, especially since I'm logging into the forums with an Admin account and I don't want to risk my PC and forums login info being compromised by keyloggers and trojans, which is far more likely to happen when running Windows).
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:43 PM   #10
Administrator

But, even without the security risks when running Windows, I still really like what the developers have accomplished with Bibble 5 Pro so far. It's really nice software (and very fast compared to most competitors, too).