Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:39 PM   #1

Default Aperture 3

Apple has release Aperture 3 for all you Mac users out there, it is suppose to be packed with a tone of new features.

http://www.apple.com/aperture/?sr=hotnews.rss
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:29 AM   #2

Okay after playing around with the full trail of Aperture 3, Apple needs to get some updates out. The dame thing crashes allot if you start cloning or retouching photos. I think my computer reported over 15 messages to apple about the issue. Think I will hold off for couple of month before getting the full version.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:50 PM   #3

After a month of playing with Aperture 3, it seems the problem with the brushes has gotten resolved. There were couple of software update that my mac did. It may have resolved that problem. The latest is Aperture 3.0.1

So I have been really please with aperture 3. And I like the way it organized my photos like iphoto. So I order the full program today. Hopefully I get it by wednesday.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:36 PM   #4

There has been another upgrade to aperture, currently the most updated version is 3.0.2

Apple is resolving all the bugs in the software. It seems to process faster now.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:43 PM   #5

There has been another update to aperture 3. The lastest is 3.0.3
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:05 PM   #6

Thanks for the news on the updates.

I keep debating with myself over switching from A2 to A3. A lot of the reviews have complaints of the program crashing and even some lost files.

I don't know yet, if the upgrades are worth the risk. The debate continues.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:13 PM   #7

I went aperture 3 once it came out it did crash but the last update really lowered the amount of crashing. And hopefully this newest update will get it to completely stop. I really like the features of A3.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:35 PM   #8

shoturtle, could you elaborate some on what happens when it crashes and what you think caused it.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:08 PM   #9

Well when it first came out when ever I try to many brush adjustment, it would lock up and the program would shut down often. 3.0.1 got occurrence down allot. But it would still shut down when you import allot of photos, as aperture processed. I think it overwhelm the program. You would not loss what you imported. But you would have to wait for it to restart and finish processing the initial imported files before doing you own edits. 3.0.2 reduced this number off occurrence. Hopefully 3.0.3 will resolve the rest of the import problem and allow you to access and edit photos as it is still processing the initial batch of imported files. But after 3.0.2 the it only crashed once. So if 3.0.3 resolve the rest of the crashing issue where you apply on edit but then decide to remove it and apply another, this was the only time I had 3.0.2 to crash. I will be a happy camper. I like the fact that it does not create a new file or alter the master. So it does not eat up allot of Hard drive space.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:10 PM   #10

shoturtle;

Thank you for sharing. I sure I would like the expanded uses with the brush tool but I think I will wait at least until 3.0.3.

Did you upgrade from from 2.1.4? If so how does it transfer your existing files to 3?