Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:38 AM   #1

Default Anyone familiar with Picasa?

Hi. I'm doing a movie using Picasa. How do I know if the pics/videos that I have added is enough for a DVD? Is there an indication that it's already too much?

Thanks.
wanderintraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2010, 5:13 PM   #2

Anyone??
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:58 PM   #3
NLA

Hi.

Though I have Picasa, I can't say that I have ever used it for the interests that you have in mind. However, I did open it up to try and see what I could find out for you. I don't have any videos on my pc, but do have a number of stills that are imported into that program. Nowhere could I see a progress bar, to alert the user as to 'used capacity'. A little bit of math seems to be involved in trying to make a determination of what the usage - on space - is (i.e., X number of files, multiplied by the time duration set for each slide, should afford an idea of where you are within the disk's capacity). But, again, you are also working with footage, so I don't really know HOW that would pan out in the mix. To be honest, I didn't even know that Picasa handled 'movies' until reading your thread (goes to show you how much I had played around with it). But I hope that someone comes along with the (hopefully, favorable) info that you seek.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:11 AM   #4

NLA-

Thank you very much for taking your time to even check this out. I have actually given up on Picassa. As you can see I've posted since awhile and so far no one had any answer or input till you came along. I doubt that there will be anyone who could. It's not just guessing of the storage capacity that I have a problem with but also the output of the video. It comes out slower than what it actually is. So I decided to give up on Picasa and go for Windows Movie Maker. Thank though for helping out. I do appreciate it.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:01 AM   #5
NLA

No problem at all, my friend. I sincerely hope that Windows Movie Maker will serve to help you arrive to where you're hoping to get to.

Blessings,
Nathan