Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 15, 2010, 3:56 PM   #1

Default Best way to put a copywrite/border on a group of pictures....

If I wanted to put a Copywrite logo with my name, and a border around a folder full of images, is there an easy way I can apply it in photoshop? Or just copy, paste and save as each one.
L]
------------------------------------------------
xJoey Dubsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2010, 4:02 PM   #2

There's lots of ways. Irfanview will do a poor man's job. I'm going to read the upcoming posts to see what folks suggest. it should be batch, somewhat customizable, and i'd like to be able to do drop shadows sometimes too. raggedy borders faded in would be a nice option.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 5:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoey Dubsx View Post
If I wanted to put a Copywrite logo with my name, and a border around a folder full of images, is there an easy way I can apply it in photoshop? Or just copy, paste and save as each one.
If you are familiar with the actions palette, or Photoshop Actions, you can do batch processing of a folder. Things to consider when adding a copyright; Make sure all images in folder are the same dimensions as the image you used to record the action or else the copyright notice will appear as different sizes, make sure you have chosen a place on the image that will work with any image (such as bottom right, or right through the center if your objective is to make the image unusable), make sure you have chosen a font color that will show up on any color background (black font with white outline or vice versa for example. If you choose a blue font and the copyright ends up over sky, you wont see it).
diverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 12:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdave View Post
If you are familiar with the actions palette, or Photoshop Actions, you can do batch processing of a folder. Things to consider when adding a copyright; Make sure all images in folder are the same dimensions as the image you used to record the action or else the copyright notice will appear as different sizes, make sure you have chosen a place on the image that will work with any image (such as bottom right, or right through the center if your objective is to make the image unusable), make sure you have chosen a font color that will show up on any color background (black font with white outline or vice versa for example. If you choose a blue font and the copyright ends up over sky, you wont see it).

explain more? please and thanks.
L]
Old May 16, 2010, 11:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoey Dubsx View Post
explain more? please and thanks.
I can go into great detail about how to record actions in Photoshop, which is the tool you need to do the task you are asking about but this forum is not the place for a long lesson. You mentioned Photoshop in your original post so I assume you are familiar with it. Explore Photoshop actions and the actions palette. Get a Kelby book if you have to but basically you can start recording an action (which is every step you take to complete a task) and then use that action and apply it to other files, either individually or by batch processing entire folders. Maybe an example of your workflow would be: RECORD>Type tool (type a copyright symbol followed by your name and or company)>add layer effects (including drop shadow, outer glow, bevel etc..)>flatten image>save in designated folder>STOP. If you want to apply this action to one file, use the PLAY button at the bottom of the actions palette. If you want to apply it to an entire folder of files go to FILE>Automate>Batch and then just follow the steps in that the dialog box.
diverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 10:18 AM   #6

see I could not find the automate part, I figured out the recording part fine and thought I had to open each one and then preform the action and then save it.. thanks.
L]
Old May 20, 2010, 11:12 PM   #7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuIQSPMHk2U