Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:50 PM   #1

Default Need software to rotate images, and also modify timestamps

tAnyone have any recommendations on software that can do the following:

1) Examine the orientation flag in the EXIF data of a JPG, and then automatically perform the appropriate rotation on the image. It must be a lossless rotation. It should also be able to process an entire directory tree of images.

2) Allow me to modify the timestamp of an image. For example, if I went to France and took a bunch of photos without changing the time on my camera, those photos will have a time that is 6 hours ahead of the local time in France. I want to be able to tell the software to subtract 6 hours from the timestamp of the image. It should be able to modify the Windows file system timestamps, as well as all EXIF timestamps. It should also be able to process an entire directory tree of images.

It doesn't have to be one piece of software that does both, I can use a different piece of software for each task. But they must run on Windows (command line utilities or Windows GUI programs - either is fine).

Last edited by slphoto; Jun 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM.
slphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:12 PM   #2

Have you looked into Irfanview? There are a number of options for batching and modifiying exif. Also, Exifer is good for modifying metadata.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote