Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:05 PM   #1

Default Best photo organizer software with facial recognition?

I have been using Photoshop Elements to organize my pictures for the past 5 years or so. It is not too cumbersome if I do them frequently, as I tag all the faces of the people in them so I can find them. Only when I get lazy and do several months worth at a time it is a little more time consuming. I am just wondering if there are any good photo organizers that have automatic facial detetection out there. Or any others that people like where you can tag all of the photos like you can in Elements.
JM667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:06 PM   #2

lightroom is not bad
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:32 PM   #3

I don't know of any with automatic face detection, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Would be a pretty interesting feature, especially if it could put names to them as well.
I found that when I installed a free trial of Elements, it installed the browser feature which scans the computer for photos - all the time, taking up memory and processor resources. Had to use the admin tools to disable the 2 processes involved. When I had to install an update to Acrobat reader, it also installed some auto update processes, which were pretty annoying as well. I stay far away from anything Adobe these days.
Photo Explorer is a pretty good organizer, and uses tags, and has a catalog feature that might be useful.
brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:37 PM   #4

If you were on a mac, both iphoto and aperture has face recognition,

But I think the new lightroom does have face detection.