Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:34 AM   #1

Default Photoshop CS2 not responding

Hi,

my photoshop CS2 have worked for months normally, but since yesterday it is not responding after I run it - it loads all,for a second or two shows me panels and everything, but suddenly panels are blank and PS is not responding.

I tried delete the preferences file (while photoshop was starting I pressed ctrl+shift+alt and deleted file) and also reinstall it, but there is no change.

I did not change any options or hardware, does anybody know what is wrong?

I have windows XP SP3, 1GB ram, pentium celeron M 1.87GHz, no viruses or anything what can slow computer, every other programs work fine.
mndrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:16 PM   #2

The first thing I would suggest is to do a System Restore, to a time when it was working. It may be possible that a recent Windows update has disrupted it.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:47 PM   #3

You are a brave soul to be running CS2 on such a machine to begin with! The celeron processor in my 2003 Dell laptop I finally replaced 18 months ago was slightly higher-spec'd, with the same 1GB of RAM, and it was butt-ugly slow running CS2. It may just flat be time to replace this machine, too!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote