Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 19, 2003, 6:41 PM   #11

At least now I know who to send my questions on CS to ... LOL ... look out Barbara and Peter.

I'm thinking about a spot meter for my first post Christmas gift to myself :shock:
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 7:28 PM   #12

Quote:
look out Barbara and Peter
This should be fun.

Quote:
I'm thinking about a spot meter
Don't you have one built into your camera?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 8:22 PM   #13

No, at best I have a center-weighted average meter. One of my major disappointments with the DRebel is the metering system and the ability to control it. While the evaluative meter is fine for most scenes, tricky scenes require the use of several thumbs, fingers, and thoughts to try to manipulate the camera to give some simple manual controls. Ergonomically challenged

Either that or bite the bullet and upgrade the camera to a 10D or 1D (or whatever successor to the 1D comes available).
Old Dec 20, 2003, 8:59 AM   #14

I can't imagine why no spot meter was thought vital to your camera, and you sure have my sympathy for the lack of it. You should probably weigh the cost of buying a spot meter against the eventual cost of a new camera that would, in all likelihood, negate the need for the spot meter you invested in. Anyway, that's how I'd look at it, but I'm already on my third camera, so my opinion is obviously unreliable.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 12:49 PM   #15

Glad that you got CS, "B". I upgraded immediately as the Canon raw software was sloooooowwwwwww. What a pleasure to use this upgrade---- hope that you have fun too :!: :!:
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 1:50 PM   #16

Yes, Barbara. Already my yearnings are leaning towards a new camera. I'm waiting to see what Canon comes out with at the Feb PMA before making a decision. The DRebel is a nice camera, but I want more manual control abilities than it offers.

Santa did indeed leave a copy of CS under the tree and I'm really enjoying getting to know it intimately. What a great program!
Old Jan 5, 2004, 7:28 PM   #17

Every release of Photoshop has been the best ever, and CS is following in that tradition. Finally, I can take all my photos in raw format--the plugin that came with my camera was pathetic. Type-on-a-path is truly welcome, the browser is much nicer, and for all the other new things, I ended up going to Borders to buy a book since the other tradition Adobe upholds is its utterly clear-as-mud manual.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:40 PM   #18

Looks like to really use all the capabilities of the new CS it will be time to upgrade the old pc to a new 64bit mpu unit, with several gb of ram and a whopping amount of disk.

This version of PS has now upped the image size limit from 3000*3000 * 8-bit channels to 30000*30000 and 16bit channels.
Article in November/December issue of DigitalPhotoPro said at the max size a saved image can now potentially hit over 500gb. :shock:
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:10 PM   #19

Quote:
can now potentially hit over 500gb
Great. One photo per hard drive.