Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Default SIMPLE video editing software

i need a video editing software for a complete moron. i tried vdub, movie maker, and nero. i just couldnt really get a grip on what i was looking at. i am looking for something that can adjust sound and maybe has a few filters. i am not interested in making complete cinematic award winning films just adjusting a few things here and there. more or less something for............the technically challenged.
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:57 AM   #2

I don't think it gets any easier than movie maker although you might try one of the stylized online services like animoto.com

To my knowledge don't expect to find anything that's significantly easier than moviemaker. I teach 4th grade and my 4th grade students have no problem shooting video and then editing it into movies using Moviemaker.

I use Pinnacle Studio 12 and it has worked well for me but it's not as simple as MovieMaker.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:55 PM   #3

I have some pre-installed software from Cyberlink on my new laptop. It seems pretty simple to use ( I actually managed to merge some clips together with it). Of course, it is a demo, so to do anything significant with it, I would have to upgrade and pay for it. I don't use video enough to want to bother.
You could take a look at the MajorGeeks website for possibilities. It has a section on multimedia, and I am pretty sure I have seen some free editors that looked pretty good.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:18 AM   #4

You may take a look at Adobe Premiere Elements, they offer a 30 day trial ..
James G is offline   Reply With Quote