Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 26, 2003, 3:07 PM   #1

Default MAC question--Nikon View 6 versus iphoto

I recently upgraded to OSX. When I go to download pics with my Lexar firewire reader both Nikon View 6 and iphoto open. Nikon view 6 does not seem to operate at it did in OS9.2. It seems there is a conflict between the two pieces of software. Is that accurate? I would like to use both of them.

It also seems that Nikon view does not recognize the pics stored in iphoto.

How do you reconcile these two programs or do you? Any hints would be helpful.
Sid Sher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2003, 8:46 PM   #2

Hi Sid You will need to go back & read the very comprehensive NikonView 6 Help Menu on the top Help drop down menu. There are quite different directions for OS9 & OSX

I use OS9.2 so can't specifically help you with your problem, however I do know that NV6 does have different features between the two operating systems.

I had a similar problem when I upgraded form NV5 to NV6. Check the Change button in the Nikon Transfer window. You may need to change the setting in FIle destination or File Naming.

Please let me know your results I'm debating the switch to OS X too.

HTH Susie
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 9:50 AM   #3

Default OSX

Thanks for your response Joyce. As is typical with me, I don't explore the obvious, checking help. I will let you know if that solves the problem.

Regarding OSX, I have had minimal problems compared to when I upgraded from OS8 to OS9. I have read a lot of comlaints about OSX but I find it intuitive and fast. I don't know why it would be but I think my photos look better in this OS tha OS9. I also find OSX very intuitive. It took about an hour to load the complete OSX but I have an older Power PC (Power PC 400 with a G4 processor). Don't forget the "cool" factor from OSX.

The biggest problem was with my scanner. Canon had posted an OSX scanner driver and I downloaded that but that was where my problems began. After a couple of days I decided to abandon trying to use the new driver and reloaded the original one and everything works fine.

Sid
Sid Sher is offline   Reply With Quote