Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 5, 2011, 6:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryman View Post
i saw a photoshop for dummies book.........if you search diligently enough you can download it for free...............
Never thought about Dummies book for PS. I'll try doing a search for the book but search and me don't get along very well.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:28 PM   #12

I really like Scott Kelby's photoshop and lightroom books, better than his photography books. I've read other books about photoshop but find his so much more readable, and if you go through them carefully, they cover more than just the basics. I don't stick with any of the books that are so dry it's hard to stay awake reading them.

For more advanced information, you might join NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). Membership includes their magazine (Photoshop User, you can find it in bookstores also), access to their on-line tutorials (which range from very beginner basic to very advanced), discounts for Scott Kelby's training workshops, and discounts for a number of other things. When I first picked up Photoshop User I was completely intimidated, but after reading (and working through) a couple of articles, I learned a couple of things that I hadn't understood when I ran across them in the official Adobe training book. I pick up new things each month. Granted, some of the magazine articles are oriented toward either graphic designers (I'm not) and pros (I'm even less of one than I am a graphic designer) but even the stuff I won't use is always interesting. And their on-line tutorials are wonderful. It's well worth the membership cost to me.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:09 PM   #13

We have three of Scott Kelby's books on photography on the wife's Nook e-reader. Haven't read all of them yet, hard to get the Nook out of the wife's hands. Do have his LightRoom 3 book and have read the first chapter three times. It's starting to make sense. Will have to look into National Association of Photoshop Professionals when I get a bit more time.

Thanks,
Craig