Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:36 AM   #1

Default HELP -- PhotoShop Elements 9 problem

Hi. Can anyone give me any advice as to where to go from here. My "Diffused Glow" is not working properly... when I add any number to the "glow amount", I get this horrible blue cast over the photo... see example below.

Yes, I thoroughly uninstalled PSE9... Used CCleaner to clean the registry... went through the trouble of re-installing... the problem still persists. Yikes.

Any advice? Thanks.

Ned
Attached Images

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:32 PM   #2

Just tried mine and it seems to work sorry
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:48 PM   #3

Thanks... just wish that Adobe had a contact detail for problems other than just "ordering" wow...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hi. Can anyone give me any advice as to where to go from here. My "Diffused Glow" is not working properly... when I add any number to the "glow amount", I get this horrible blue cast over the photo... see example below.

Yes, I thoroughly uninstalled PSE9... Used CCleaner to clean the registry... went through the trouble of re-installing... the problem still persists. Yikes.

Any advice? Thanks.

Ned
Does this problem only exist with this one image or the same thing happens regardless what image you choose? My suspicion is that you tried to diffuse glow this same image more than once and somehow it has become corrupted.

Reason being, I downloaded your image and tried to remove the blue tint using saturation and vibrance sliders in camera raw. It removed the color successfully, however, when I went to again try to use diffuse glow on this one image, the colors immediately went haywire and turned a bright orange then red.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:49 AM   #5

Hi! Thanks for your input. I uploaded a photo directly from my camera to the computer... took it last Sunday... still the same thing, this weird blue colour cast... The filter used to work perfectly, and I have had some great effects with it, but now this! I just can't figure it out. This is so odd... Thanks. Just can't figure out what to do.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:04 AM   #6

Hi,

Look at the background color in you color tools palette. It must blue. That is the reason your image is turning blue since the filter pulls the color from the background color chosen in tools palette.

Just change the color to whatever you want such as white and it will work as before.

I jst tried it on an image and it does exactly what your image looked like. I changed the background color back to white in the color tool palette and presto!! it works fine.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:19 AM   #7

Hi Zig, hey, hate to sound stupid... someone else mentioned a palatte, but for the life of me... I can't see it. are you able to send picture of it or describe where I can find it. Man I feel stupid. Thanks for your help! ned
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:25 AM   #8

Zig!!!!!! I found it! Wow, I can't figure out how I changed the background originally.. but somehow I did... Thank soooooooooooo much for your help and taking the time. Really appreciated. All the best. Ned
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hi Zig, hey, hate to sound stupid... someone else mentioned a palatte, but for the life of me... I can't see it. are you able to send picture of it or describe where I can find it. Man I feel stupid. Thanks for your help! ned
Tried to take a picture of what I'm talking about but had trouble. The color palette is the most bottom item on your toolbar- when your in the full edit screen. The toolbar I'm talking about is usually on the left side of your screen and vertically oriented are functions such as: the crop symbol, the clone tool, the healing tool, the magic wand. etc.
If you go down to the bottom of this bar you will see two boxes with different colors. One of which, I'm sure is going to be blue. It will be the background square. Just click on it and you a color window will pop up and allow you to choose a different color. Choose white and that should take care of it.

Zig

Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:34 AM   #10

Glad you found it, I know how frustrating editing can be when an in-advertant change is made. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Good thing is the software works as it should.

Zig