Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:56 AM   #11
Administrator

I'd download the trial versions and see what you think before making a decision about them.

BTW, I noticed that B&H has a pretty good deal on Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 right now. It's not the Platinum version like newegg.com had a good deal on earlier (and that rebate on it at neweeg.com is expired now).

But, it's a very good price on the base version. Add it to your cart to see the lower price (pre-order price of $33.50 since they don't have it in stock yet):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Studio_HD.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:55 PM   #12

Egad that's a good price, but I'd want the Platinum version if I went with Sony. The additional wipes and effects are very helpful to me. I'll look for a trial version of Premier, as I am tempted by the combo offer.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 6:55 PM   #13

I have quite a few titles, Sony Vega 10.0 Platnum, Magix Movie edit pro 17 Plus, Pinn studio 14 Ultima, and Corel video pro X3, Besides the titles I have the older versions as well.

I find I use mostly magix MEP17P, and try to use Sony Vegas, but always go back to Magix, as I am used to it. one will do what the otehr may not do, and vica-verca.

Corel will not accept HD108P60fps due to MTS and todays updated video. Sony Vegas wil lnot accept avi older versions and will render with no sound. Magix will not Play correctly AVI older version, unless with use of otehr editors Codecs, So you see it can become comlexed at times. The best way i to trial, and seewhat you like.

On sale you must own previous titles for excellent pricing otherwise you pay through the nose. Check out besides Newegg.com, Frys.com periodically they'll offer your software.

good luck in your decision
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:27 PM   #14

I, too, recently bought a Sony HD camcorder. I'm using CyberLink's Power Director 9 Deluxe. It is quite intuitive, but powerful and reasonably priced. They also have an "Ultra" version for about $100 which is for 64-bit machines and cuts processing time quite a bit if you have the right hardware.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote