Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:22 PM   #1

Default Help removing noise ninja plugin from aperture 3

Hi, I accidentally installed the plugin into Aperture 3, but don't know how to remove it--
Afraid if I just move the install package to trash will make the program unusable without actually removing it...

Again, thanks for your help---
marubex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:43 PM   #2

If you are using Windows, just go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - scroll down to the program and click on uninstall.
If you want to use the program with some other software, such as PS or PSP, you shouldn't have to do anything. There is normally a folder for plugins, and the various editors will check that folder, enabling you to use the same plugin with any of the programs.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:10 PM   #3
Administrator

That's very unlikely (using Windows), since Aperture is an Apple program for OS X on a Mac. ;-)

See more about it here:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/

marubex:

A quick google search found a thread on another forum about removing it, with corrected path info in this post:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=34841316

I got the impression from reading through the thread is that all you need to do is delete the plugin from the folder it's installed in, although I didn't say anyone specifically say that. I'd keep a copy of it just be safe in case removing it causes any issues and you need to copy it back to the plugins folder.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:55 PM   #4

Thanks, I searched the Apple aperture info, and could not find how to remove a Plugin. Regarding the other thread, where do I perform the search? I have searched the finder and I am able to find the instalo package, so, should I just move it to the trash bin? I did it without emptying the bin, and could still find it in Aperture, under plugins...
Sorry but I am just a computer mess....
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:20 PM   #5
Administrator

You should be able to navigate to the folder using Finder and remove the plugin.

I'm not an Apple user. But, you should be able to click on your root (/) folder and then click on any subfolders like the library folder shown in that post. Then, click on the folder under it named Application Support, and then click on Aperture and then click on Plug-Ins and then click on Edit to see the contents of that folder. You're just navigating using a file manager to get to where they're stored, then you'd look at the list of files in the folder for one that looks like it's Noise Ninja and delete it.

Again, I'm not an Apple user. But, the File Managers for most Operating Systems are going to work in a similar manner. So, you should be able to go to that folder, find the plugin and delete it.

Here's one of the folders it may be using according to that post:

/library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Edit

Here's the other one it may be using (depending on how Aperture was installed).

/users/account name/library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Edit

If you don't see the / folder and the users folder, etc. using Finder, there may be some kind of option in it's preferences that controls viewing some folders (hidden, system, etc.) that you may need to change to view them (usually just a check box for other folder types in most file managers, that's designed to hide them so they don't get in the way when looking for common folders and files).

If all else fails, you can probably just navigate to the folder using a Terminal Program (a.k.a., console, command line). I think Apple has one somewhere in it's menus. If it's using Unix type file commands (and I don't know because I've never used OS X before), then you'd do something like this to get to that first folder:

cd /library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Edit

Then, to see a list of the files (your plugins) in it, you'd type this:

ls

Then, to remove one of them, you could do this (substituting the correct filename for the one that looks like it's the Noise Ninja plugin).

rm plugin_to_remove

Again, I don't use OS X. So, that may not be the way you do it. But, there is surely a simple way to navigate to a folder and see the files in it using something like Finder. If not, there is surely a way to get to it via command line.

Perhaps some of our Mac users will chime in.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:21 AM   #6

Quick update, yesterday Finally managed to find the Aperture Pluggin Folder and delete the software...

Many thanks