Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 21, 2004, 5:46 AM   #1

Default Multi Burst

Hello everybody.
Did anyone find software to "play" multiburst photo's on your computer?? The only solution I could think of, was making animated gif's with photoshop, but this results in huge loss in size and quality.....
Thanks,
Eric
Hectic Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2004, 9:18 AM   #2
sds

I have used QuickTime and it's create a movie feature and it works fairly good. You can set the speed of each frame if you want to slow or speed it up.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 6:18 PM   #3

hi,

with fixfoto you can easy convert multiburst pictures into avi-files.

dp
DonPablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 2:42 PM   #4

Hectic Eric wrote:
Quote:
The only solution I could think of, was making animated gif's with photoshop, but this results in huge loss in size and quality...

Ahem... my newbie question:

How do I use Photoshop to create an animated .GIF? I tried to open one in it, but I got a warning that basically said "this is an animated GIF, if you save it you will lose information". So, I kinda thought it wasn't possible to do it using PS.

Thanks!
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:15 PM   #5

What I did is: cut the photo into 16 small photo's, and save them separately.

then you can all turn them into an animated gif with PS, but you loose too much information; these gifs are meant to be used on the internet, so they have limited size and colours.

Of course you can always just try and see what happens; just make sure you save under a new name! That's how I found out............

Eric
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:35 PM   #6

Hectic Eric wrote:
Quote:
[...] then you can all turn them into an animated gif with PS, but you loose too much information; these gifs are meant to be used on the internet, so they have limited size and colours. [...]
Thanks, but...

What I don't know how to do is precisely to create an animated .GIF file using Photoshop. Can ayone help me?
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:23 AM   #7

Sorry for the delay, José, I had to reinvent the wheel. Seems I'm a bit hecktic...

What you do is the following: you add the different steps/photos on different layers, and choose File, Save for web. In the new page, at "settings", choose GIF. Don't forget to check the box "animate". This box can only be checked when your picture has multiple layers!

Good luck,

Eric
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:40 AM   #8

I didn't know about fixfoto, so I wrote an application to help automate the cropping of the images in a multiburst photo.

You can check it out here:

http://www.chickenbit.com/chicken-crop

As far as making an animated GIF, I recommend using Adobe ImageReady (should come with photoshop) and use the 'import folder' option. If the cropped images get added in reverse order you can reverse the frames with a simple click of the button.

-bockfu
bockfu is offline   Reply With Quote