Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:42 AM   #11

I'm beginning to see that now with the organizer. I got my folder tree up to the left of the organizer screen but the organizer will not open any folders. What's odd is that you first have to go to file, import from files/folders, select folder, ctrl/click on all photos, then get media. Once you've done it that way first, then that folder will display the pics on the organizer when you click it. I have never used a photo editing program where I just couldn't click on a folder and display the pics.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:49 AM   #12

Welcome to the organizer, from HELL.
"A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words".
Steve40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40 View Post
Welcome to the organizer, from HELL.
I've been hearing a lot of negative (and some good) about the organizer lately. Many folks just use PSE for editing and a different program for organizing. I'm not going to delete my Canon DPP software, that's for sure.

Last edited by James Emory; Nov 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:00 PM   #14

When I started using Lightroom (and learned how to use it) it was a GODSEND for organizing and editing in one. Wonderful program and there's a reason that the majority of working professionals use it. If you can afford it then it's worth every penny though I got i through the educator's discount.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:49 PM   #15

Is it more friendly and easier to use than Elements?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:57 PM   #16

Definitely. Though there are some things that Elements and PS can do that Lightroom can't such as layers, etc. most photographers that use Lightroom and also have PS will use Lightroom 95% (or more) of the time (because it is just so fast and convenient for editing large sets) and then only open photos into photoshop when they need to do deep editing such as layers or content aware fill. Etc..

Lightroom can do most of what you need though. WB, contrast, lighting (excellent for fill light, exposure, black level, etc..), sharpening, noise reduction, distortion fixes, vignetting, b&w conversion, saturation/clarity/vivacity, spot/blemish removal, graduated filters, local brush that does skin softening, teeth whitening, iris enhancement, dodging burning, sharpen and so on and so forth.

Le me know if you have questions. LR is my go-to organization/editing program.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:14 PM   #17

Thanks Brad, much appreciated.