Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:41 AM   #1

Default ....recent webinar for ASP (After Shot Pro) photo edit software

I posted this in another forum here at Steve's. Perhaps more participants in this forum title may benefit of it. My intention and hope is for any who use the software Bibble Pro but do not know of the buyout to learn of it. Also, to anyone maybe curious and wanting to know the kinds of editing possible in 'top drawer' systems and have never seen a demo then they may appreciate learning some about it.
__________________________________________________ _

....many of you know that of the numerous photo editing packages I have used Bibble Pro for quite a few years. Why? For starters Bibble was developed by a local Texas team, it has always been leading edge in features, it has always been easy to understand for usage and it was offered at my local camera store at a discount when I first purchased Bibble v3.9 in 2006.

Bibble Labs was purchased by Corel during 2011 and as of Jan 01, 2012 Bibble Pro is Corel branded After Shot Pro.

Corel is planning a series of webinars to teach ASP usage. I've watched the first which was done (Jan 27, 2012). The presentation is very well done, easy to follow and is a well rounded discussion for general usage of the basic features including cataloging and multi folder & image output and selective editing.

For any who are anticipating a move to one of the more energized photo editing software systems but have little or no experience of them this is a worthwhile seeing event.

For any who are currently using one of the editing powerhouses you also might like seeing where AfterShot Pro is different.

This is the link to the webinar recording, it is approx 30-min in length. If you do watch it I encourage you to see the entirety of it because some useful question/answer at the end. Enjoy!

link ===> http://tinyurl.com/6rbuhpo

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Administrator

Thanks Bob. I've got AfterShot Pro installed in Linux now and it's a real bargain for what it can do.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Thanks Bob. I've got AfterShot Pro installed in Linux now and it's a real bargain for what it can do.

So far I believe the transition is going well for that product, however I am really disappointed with the associated user forums. The forum is not Corel directed as was the Bibble Labs forum sets where the company actually participated. I registered to the new forum, cannot get authorized (never get the email) and cannot communicate with an admin because I cannot login; but because I cannot get logged in the message is CONTACT AN ADMIN..... aarghhhh!

Finally I found a way (circled around like an old board-admin) got an email to a current admin in UK. Still after 4-emails no response, probably thinks it is spam mail, still working on that.

But the webinars, should they follow through are going to be a real plus, the narrator, Jeff Stevens, was a Bibble exec.... though that is not mentioned. How I know is that a couple times he says the image being worked on is one he made at some time past and those images are the ones in the original video tutorials by Bibble a couple years back.

I later found where he wrote about it on the Bibble & Corel U2U forums.

Hope you are doing well, glad to see your post.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Administrator

I'd check your spam box to make sure the confirmation e-mails are not sitting in it. Sometimes ISP spam filters can be a bit aggressive and end up dumping the e-mails in your spam folders. Some ISPs tend to blacklist e-mail from sites even with spam filters disabled though.

I registered on the Corel Forums with no problems using a comcast.net account and received the confirmation e-mail from them just fine (even though my comcast.net account does sometimes give me issues registering on some forums, where I end up using a gmail.com account instead, because comcast appears to be blocking responses from some forums). So, if the e-mails are not in your spam folder, you may want to register using a different e-mail account.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:13 PM   #5

.........if the e-mails are not in your spam folder, you may want to register using a different e-mail account

I've already used two other email accts, including hotmail, neither are setup on the iMAC. No confirmation file(s) seen yet in any mailboxes. Frustrating but something is obviously blocking. Will keep looking!

UPDATE: I registered again, yet another username, to my wife's hotmail acct to the MAC-mini network client and the confirmation came right through.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:15 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Looks good.

The big plusses for me are in the fact that it runs on Linux and it's very speedy.

I haven't seen enough to be sure, but it looks like LR has marginally better management features (but that wouldn't matter much for me). Particularly though I do prefer the LR file management features - multiple backups, etc.

Apart from that if the adjustment algorithms are as good then it has a slight advantage in its "layers" functionality. LR has localised adjustments and a full history palette with non-destructive editing, so the whole layers issue isn't terribly important most of the time, but certainly Bibble has an edge IF its algorithms are as good.

But the lack of a fully featured Print module kills it for me, LR is just so good.

All in all though I have always believed, and from this see no reason to change my view, that Bibble is an excellent product and certainly worth putting in the same category as LR, Aperture and Capture One. Actually I really like DXO Optics Pro too, and use that sometimes in combination with LR.

Shouldn't everyone be using at least one of these programs?